Further to comment # 1, Bennet Voyles says in the same vein in TOI, "Bin Laden's most significant legacy is arguably the degree to which he led the US government to institutionalise an American jihad against terrorism that almost constitutes a new Cold War, one that has led to the building of a vast secret military and intelligence instrument that he would have appreciated - a tool that can reach almost everywhere, usually without courts or legislators to hold it back."
Ghai says "still America will be America "
Yes, it is America's innate and pervasive evil which is now on display.
The Evil Empire's evil, freely inflicted on the world for over half a century, is finally recoiling on its own citizens. This can only be a good thing. The more Americans, Brits, and other Western people suffer the better. They deserve it.
Nothing can be done against the most powerful nation in the world.Let us live as slaves and die.Only God can do something about this.Ordinary mortals have no power.Sorry.
Scriber of the article is a typical Leftist and divorced of logic.
America and the World have no choice but to act and save its citizens. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY, USA is pursuing and every Country should follow this. At the cost of Liberty and Freedom, we the Citizens in the West have peace. Every "Islamist" and every "Leftist", I mean every Islamist and leftist- should be profiled and kept under the scanner from craddle to grave.
>> Post Muslim Radicalization the World must learn to live with toned down freedoms which are now things of the past for the humanity .
Your historical perspective does not go beyond the tip of your nose!
'Hopefully the press, the Congress and the U.S. Supreme Court will over the next decade or two act to curb some of this governmental over-reach. ' Faruki
Sufficient time for the Jihadis to create more problems in USA and World over. Post Muslim Radicalization the World must learn to live with toned down freedoms which are now things of the past for the humanity .
Never forget what happened on 26/11 in Mumbai even after 7 yrs of Atta Mohmed led carnage in NYK .If not USA then Islamists will create problems and are creating problems in rest of the World. So neither USA nor World at large can afford to relax Security Norms.Rather USA has done a good job in observing Security Rules strictly and avoiding another 9/11 where as India has time and again failed to protect its countrymen. .
'4 plotted to blow up UK army base
Four Britons, three of them of Pakistani-origin, were plotting to blow up a Territorial Army base in the UK by using a toy car loaded with explosives. They are accused of taking their lead from copies of the al-Qaeda magazine Inspire which contains blueprints for home-grown attacks.
-- a campaign of terror attacks in Britain, authorities here said, adding the plot was foiled in a huge surveillance operation.
The alleged complex 16-month plot emerged as four British Muslim men appeared in court on Monday charged with a raft of terrorist offences. The gang is accused of working to recruit others to fight Jihad and raising vital funds. '
"Otherwise America will cease to be America." Faruki
Though Islamists are trying very hard and persistently to see that America ceases to be America
still America will be America despite and in-spite of Islamic Terrorism .
9/11 has led to erosion of some basic freedoms that Americans take for granted. Leftist journalists may sometimes exaggerate such erosions to portray an Orwellian dystopia. Hopefully the press, the Congress and the U.S. Supreme Court will over the next dacade or two act to curb some of this governmental over-reach. Otherwise America will cease to be America.
We at Outlookindia.com welcome feedback and your comments, including scathing criticism
1. Scathing, passionate, even angry critiques are welcome, but please do not indulge in abuse and invective. Our Primary concern is to keep the debate civil. We urge our users to try and express their disagreements without being disagreeable. Personal attacks are not welcome. No ad hominem please.
2. Please do not post the same message again and again in the same or different threads
3. Please keep your responses confined to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all but for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site
4. Our endeavour is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. But if any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser. Please also note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not descend to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you do think that an article elsewhere has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered fair-use and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section are those of the author concerned and not that of all of outlookindia.com or all its authors.
8. Please also note that you are solely responsible for the comments posted by you on the site. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of their existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of their contents. In short, the onus of responsibility for the comments remains solely with the authors thereof. Outlookindia.com or any of its group publications, may, however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever. It is therefore in your own interest to be careful before posting.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays these comments. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
a. Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
b. The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
c. outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
d. Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially be used against you
10. We have an online thread for our comments policy:
You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT