Order by Previous days letters
D-48/3
Oct 24, 2014
03:58 PM

Mr. Jaitly has shouted from the roof top that the media has mis quoted him.  He can and will reveal names once charges are filed.  Even then those names will be given to the court which eventually will be leaked out in media.  He rightly said that he cannot reveal names of legitimate account holders.  Also media went haywire stating that Mr. Jaitly hinted at one minister from UPA government.  When I read the report, he did not hint anything like that.  

Now since who will be charged and who will be considered legitimate will be determined by Mr. Jaitly government, people have right to question the criteria used.

P.B. Joshipura
Suffolk, Virginia, United States
D-47/5
Oct 24, 2014
03:52 PM

3 D Murthi

"Every thing in this world has a shelf life..."

Especially marriages. But women leaders want divorces only in India. The 'black mail-ability' of matriarchal laws is legion. She says: "...as courts in countries like the US were issuing divorces as per provisions of local legislations, many women were suffering..."

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/telangana/rethink-your-choice-of-an-nri-groom/article6503626.ece

misogynist
chennai, India
D-46/4
Oct 24, 2014
03:00 PM

" Every thing in this world has a shelf life."

Change is the only constant, VNK Sir. Earlier, we used to barter, then we used coins and then paper money. Today, we use plastic. Resisting change will not prevent it, it will only make those who do not adapt to change obsolete.

We have seen many drastic changes in our own lifetime. I had accumulated a great collection of LPs (Vinyl records) which became obsolete with the advent of cassetes, which in turn gave way to CDs which made way for MP3s.

I am sure that online shopping is a boon for those who reside in places like Pattambi. One need not have to commute to the nearest city to, say, buy a book that is not available in the local bookstore.

Even for those who live in cities, the hassle of driving over and finding a parking spot makes one opt for online shopping. I have been shopping online for over a decade and I have not been cheated even once. 

D.L.Narayan
Visakhapatnam, India
D-45/2
Oct 24, 2014
02:59 PM

I personally doubt intellectual honesty of Mr Jaitley.
He first said he cannot disclose the name under treaty, then under fire says after investigation he will open. 
A lawyer does not know that these two statments must have been said together. How he can manage finanace and defence???


 

vimal
Munich, Germany
D-44/10
Oct 24, 2014
02:56 PM

Outlook is going down the drain like it's idol,the Congress party by imposing writers like R.K.Misra,Saba Naqui,Arundhati Roy etc.All the novelty of this magazine has worn out.Very shortly it will be another India Today.

S.S.Nagaraj
Bangalore, India
D-43/66
Oct 24, 2014
02:40 PM

>> " enormous propensity certain scriptures have to generate mass hysteria and extreme violence."

>>>>>> "Only by those who misinterpret and those who want to mislead others for self-advantage."

There will always be "those who misinterpret and those who want to mislead others for self-advantage" like Bin Laden and Al Zawahiri. That is the crux of the problem. 

D.L.Narayan
Visakhapatnam, India
D-42/22
Oct 24, 2014
02:33 PM

Death by stoning is "a throwback to tribal and clan customs which predate religious texts and laws."

Possibly but the Jewish scriptures clearly specify death by stoning for offences like blasphemy, idolatry and adultery. 

The Qura'n does not contain any references to stoning but the hadeeths do. The scholars are divided on this issue but in several Islamic countries, notably Iran, stoning has taken place. 

I have seen the Iranian film, Cyrus Nowrasteh's "The Stoning of Soraya," based a real incident. It still gives me nightmares.

D.L.Narayan
Visakhapatnam, India
D-41/3
Oct 24, 2014
01:58 PM

Every thing in this world has a shelf life.
That include the new trend of online market too!!!
 

V.N.K.Murti Pattambi
PATTAMBI, India
D-40/1
Oct 24, 2014
01:54 PM

I was a big fan of his,he and vijaykumari used to act in many a Family drama.

RIP sir.I will always remember you

harun, chennai
D-39/21
Oct 24, 2014
01:45 PM

20/D-36: Anwaar >> "There is nothing in the Qur'an that permits or sanctions honor killings."

Sanctioned or not by the Quran, the practice exists in some Muslim countries (just as it is does by certain sections of Hindu and other religions in India and by similar Indian expats abroad). They are a throwback to tribal and clan customs which predate religious texts and laws.

Ramesh Ramachandra, Bangalore
D-38/1
Oct 24, 2014
01:18 PM

'Expelled member of BJP' Jethmalani sounds paranoid in his letter. 

However, his accusation that 'Jaitley had a recent brush with death' is revealing. 

misogynist
chennai, India
D-37/16
Oct 24, 2014
01:17 PM


DLN,

>> " This criminal converted to Islam and he did not join the ISIS."

He was in Ottawa to expedite his passport. He was in a hurry to go to Syria.

>> "I doubt if any of the so-called moderates can take on Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi in an ideological debate."

The 17 page letter signed by 126 Muslim scholars is very erudite, detailed and persuasive. There are scores of articles challenging Talibani ideology. Canadian/Pakistani cleric Tahir-ul-Qadri has written a book on "Terrorism and Suicide Bombings".

Anwaar, Dallas
D-36/20
Oct 24, 2014
01:08 PM


DLN,

>> "The Khap panchayat system is illegal and the so-called "honour killing" is a social evil."

There is nothing in the Qur'an that permits or sanctions honor killings.

Anwaar, Dallas
D-35/65
Oct 24, 2014
01:00 PM


DLN,

>> " enormous propensity certain scriptures have to generate mass hysteria and extreme violence."

Only by those who misinterpret and those who want to mislead others for self-advantage.

Anwaar
Dallas, United States
D-34/1
Oct 24, 2014
12:56 PM

The re emergence of state sanction for religion is dangerous. 

misogynist, chennai
D-33/1
Oct 24, 2014
12:56 PM

Women who lie in order to defame males must have their tongues sliced off.

misogynist, chennai
D-32/1
Oct 24, 2014
12:54 PM

Situation: I am in a car and stopped at the signal. Next to me are a man and a women (in their late 20's) on the bike and within earshot distance.

The following is the conversation I over heard (Verbatim). [Note: I am only quoting the relevant conversation]

Girl: ....I want to leave early but getting delayed because of work. A lot of work has been dumped on me.

Boy: That's why, you are getting late and making me late

Girl: Sorry ra...but I am really frustrated...I told him (referring to her supervisor) that I won't do the extra work. What is this re.....why is it my responsibility for someone else's work? But he says it has be done.

Boy: Sometimes extra work needs to be done from time to time.

Girl: Nonsense...I am not going to do it. If he keeps giving me extra work...I will complaint against him and quit.

Boy: If you do that, you will never get another job elsewhere.

Girl: I know...that's why I am going to file a harassment complaint against him and then quit.

Boy: Harassment complaint?

Girl: Sexual Harassment complaint re.....before I quit, I will file it on him and resign. That way I can have my fun and teach him a lesson and won't have any problem getting another job because I have a good reason

Boy: Is it? It will work?

Girl: Of course...(and laughs)..works all the time...

Boy: Won't effect your career?

Girl: NOT AT ALL....it will his!

The above conversation made me disgusted to the core! I truly wish I had a video recorder so I can post it on you tube. Unfortunately I didn't and some guy might have his life ruined by this egotistical maniac just because she is too lazy to do her job.

I can only imagine a person with Sexual Harassment(SH) complaint, what his life was and would be after the incident. The world knows how the dowry laws are being misused and hence the sympathy is with the men and families. 

However, Sexual Harassment is still at a fledgling stage and most guys hit with this sort of case is probably unsure of what to do.

misogynist, chennai
D-31/1
Oct 24, 2014
12:46 PM

Allegations of 'molestation' by women are subjective.

misogynist, chennai
D-30/9
Oct 24, 2014
12:36 PM

If the Right wing ups the ante against Pakistan, this may result in their Uniting, instead of proceeding to self destruction. 

misogynist, chennai
D-29/3
Oct 24, 2014
12:31 PM

2 D Harun, 

"Ghadkari will undermine the Investigation in Irrigation scam.What with his crony Sancheti and his role in Irrigation loot."

Modis preference for a cabinet harem has meant that while corrupt feminists like Sushma could get the berth, males like Gadkari, in politics since childhood, could not. Now that he has been pasted again, his frustration will know no bounds. 

Incidentally, he also owes the NCP for protecting him in the case where a dead body was found in his car.

The central command decision has nothing to do with either of these, and more to do with gender-casteism.

misogynist, chennai
D-28/19
Oct 24, 2014
12:17 PM

18 D Ramesh

India is a matriarchal country, and the anti-male laws only reflect that. Males have to fight back to get their rights, as many males are 'silently' doing individually in courts now. 

Extra marital affairs take place in a very high percentage of marriages, and unlike what antimales say, is not 'predominantly by males'.

Indian parents, consider daughters as Goddesses ( unlike sons ) and consider rape accusations, a clever way of avoiding a honour killing ( both of their protected daughter and the wretched male who she dared loved ). 

This bias against males is ignored in a women-run society/ judiciary like ours, and there is no pressure to bring laws to test the paternity of all children, for example. Only yesterday, a man in Andhra Pradesh killed his children, because of suspicion, and in a matriarchal society, no one would believe him.

Matriarchal Laws must be amended to make it equal and acceptable to males, until suspicions of bias cannot exist. 

 

16 D Bonita

Moral of the story: This has been discussed before, but either YOU are thick in the head or is just cussed and repeats the same garbage ad nauseum.

misogynist, chennai
D-27/6
Oct 24, 2014
12:10 PM

Mani Shankar Iyer,Kumar Ketkar,Sanjay Jha, Digvijaya and now a strange animal called Americai Narayanan.BJP does not strain itself,victory is on a platter.

S.S.Nagaraj
Bangalore, India
D-26/8
Oct 24, 2014
11:55 AM

Afterall, Sonia and her pet dogs like Praveen Swami are right,Narendra Modi is highly communal.He should not get any Nobel prize for peace.It should be for Manmohan Singh and Sonia jointlly.

S.S.Nagaraj, Bangalore
D-25/1
Oct 24, 2014
11:48 AM
This murderous animal lived a full enriched life of 92 years while he took away from the countless more deserving, young and innocent, more worthy of living than him, the same life which he enjoyed to the fullest.  

May he rot in hell for eternity.

Non Fanatic, London
D-24/2
Oct 24, 2014
11:09 AM

Misogynist,I am of the opinion that Fadnavis will be a better choice.

Ghadkari will undermine the Investigation in Irrigation scam.What with his crony Sancheti and his role in Irrigation loot.

Modi must personally see to that the loot in Mahrasthra is brought to a Logical end.

harun, chennai
D-23/1
Oct 24, 2014
11:05 AM

Modi should see to that the money goes directly into affected victims accounts and the Abdullahs are kept away.

Modi having seen and felt the hard times the Jawans live in ,must Increase allowances and provide better clothing to the Jawans posed in Siachen.

Just speeches and talk of Desh Bhakti is not what the poor jawans deserve.

Jawans have families and life of there own.Modi pl allocate a fraction of what you have done for building Statues.It will do.

harun, chennai
D-22/18
Oct 24, 2014
10:04 AM

16/D-18: Bonita

"Moral of the story : If you are a man in search of sex, don't hit on married women and don't promise marriage."

The moral of the story is, if you are a married man don't stray from the straight and narrow. Don't have sex outside marriage at all.

And if you are a fancy free male, don't recklessly sow your wild oats. Else you are in grave danger of being blackmailed, or even charged, for rape by misuse of the IPC (just as the Dowry Prohibition Act is being misused to a large extent). I am no misogynist by any measure, but this is the truth.

Ramesh Ramachandra, Bangalore
D-21/17
Oct 24, 2014
09:29 AM

15/D-13: DL Narayan

Agree wholly with what you say.

But these "honour killings, " though illegal, have wholehearted social sanction among those castes which practice it and have the support of even their politicians, as we have witnessed so many times in the recent past.

Ramesh Ramachandra, Bangalore
D-20/15
Oct 24, 2014
08:51 AM

>> "Why did this man with a ten year history of criminal behaviour get attracted to Islam?"

>>>>> "He was probaly attracted to ISIS more than to Islam."

1.  This criminal converted to Islam and he did not join the ISIS.

2. ISIS is not a distinct ideology. It is derived entirely from Islam. I doubt if any of the so-called moderates can take on Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi in an ideological debate.

D.L.Narayan
Visakhapatnam, India
D-19/64
Oct 24, 2014
08:39 AM

DLN,

[[Go and convince your co-religionists that their behaviour does not have divine sanction, does not conform to the precepts and the spirit of your faith instead of distortings facts and seeking to justify criminality by specious arguments which are an insult to intelligence.]]

Exactly! If this vile creature spent a fraction of the time with Islamists - trying to reform them - as he is spending on these forums, either at least a few Muslims would have been transformed, or he would have been beheaded.

Ganwaar
Ganwaarpur, India
D-18/16
Oct 24, 2014
07:13 AM

"... But under the Indian Penal Code adultery is a criminal offence only for the male and not for the female...." - Ramesh Ramachandra (#13)

True. But such 'minor', details never stop antimales from spewing venom. - Miss O Gynist (#14)

This has been discussed before, but either Miss O is thick in the head or is just cussed and repeats the same garbage ad nauseum.

Ramesh - I don't know if you are married. If you are, here's how the law works in your favour. If your wife has sex with another man, you can file a criminal complaint against you wife's lover. (Sorry, you can't do anything to your wife). If you decide you want to sample the field, you can have sex with as many women (single) as you like and your wife has no recourse aganst you or your lovers in criminal law. Her only recourse is to file for divorce on the grounds of adultery. You have the option of pursuing criminal action AND filing for divorce.

A married woman is considered her husband's chattel (property) and therefore, if a male (married or single) has sex with her he is stealing from the husband and hence it is a criminal offence. Stupid law, but it is not to protect the wife but to protect the husband's property. A married man can have sex with as many single women as he likes (which too is adultery) but that is not a crime. IPC 497 needs to be struck off the statute books, but any proposal to do so will bring howls of rage from men who will feel their property is at risk.

Moral of the story : If you are a man in search of sex, don't hit on married women and don't promise marriage.

Bonita, Chennai
D-17/17
Oct 24, 2014
04:37 AM

http://www.thehindu.com/books/the-philosopher-who-turned-down-the-nobel-50-years-ago/article6528383.ece?homepage=true

In rejecting the honour, Sartre worried that the Nobel was reserved for “the writers of the West or the rebels of the East”. He didn’t damn the Nobel but gently pointed out its Eurocentric shortcomings. Plus, one might say 50 years on, Ca change.

Sartre said that he might have accepted the Nobel if it had been offered to him during France’s imperial war in Algeria, which he vehemently opposed, because then the award would have helped in the struggle, rather than making Sartre into a brand, an institution, a depoliticised commodity. Truly, it is difficult not to respect his compunctions.

     
gajanan
Sydney, Australia
D-16/7
Oct 24, 2014
04:06 AM

" "Pakistan would never permit this construction which is in violation of a bilateral agreement," Aslam said."

There is nothing that the Pakistanis can do about it. We will do all it takes to protect our interests. 

Pakistan talks of bilateralism and yet has no hesitation in raking up the issue at the UN. Dehati Aurat kahin ka.

D.L.Narayan, Visakhapatnam
D-15/6
Oct 24, 2014
03:58 AM

Nawaz Saheb, who is now behaving like a "Dehati Aurat" ?

D.L.Narayan, Visakhapatnam
D-14/8
Oct 24, 2014
03:51 AM

The writers seem to be against the idea of working for India, and of India catching up with China.  For what reason?   Perhaps because that would be against the unstated policy of keeping India weak vis-a-vis China, and instead equate India with that repulsive terrorist cesspool, Pakistan.  This seems to be the goal of the p-sec brigade and their "South Asianitis".

Varun Shekhar
Toronto, CANADA
D-13/15
Oct 24, 2014
03:49 AM

"Why are we Hindus so horrified? How are our Haryana khap panchayat "honour killings" of girls and boys who marry outside the gotra any different?"

1. We are horrified as human beings, not as adherents of a particular faith.

2. The Khap panchayat system is illegal and the so-called "honour killing" is a social evil limited to a certain caste in a certain geography. No right thinking person can condone or justify such evil practices. 

D.L.Narayan
Visakhapatnam, India
D-12/9
Oct 24, 2014
03:36 AM

Mamata Banerjee in order to pay the communists with their same coin has become more leftist, more populist, more business unfriendly and more minority appeaser than CPM. Hope Modi to steal a march over Congress does not pursue more aggressively the same Congress antics – large welfare programs and minority appeasement.

DC
NEW YORK, United States
D-11/63
Oct 24, 2014
03:33 AM

" The argument is both irrelevant and stupid. Killers do not require any scriptures. Even if a killer is holding a scripture in his hand, it means nothing."

In keeping with your perverted world view, you refuse to see the enormous propensity certain scriptures have to generate mass hysteria and extreme violence.

It is not about psychopathic individuals  indulging in mayhem. Such people are always a danger to society. It is about an ideology which apparently condones extreme violence in furtherance of religious objectives. Millions of people, like the Shias and the Ahmadiyas, are bearing the brunt of religious oppression. As far as infidels are concerned, the less said the better.

A cartoon, a book, even a rumour of a perceived insult can result in spontaneous and extremely violent eruptions of self-righteous anger.

The revulsion felt by most people at the beheadings, the kidnappings, the stonings and such reprehensible, inhuman acts is totally lost on you. You ought to be ashamed of yourself for defending the indefensible.

Go and convince your co-religionists that their behaviour does not have divine sanction, does not conform to the precepts and the spirit of your faith instead of distortings facts and seeking to justify criminality by specious arguments which are an insult to intelligence.

D.L.Narayan
Visakhapatnam, India
D-10/4
Oct 24, 2014
02:46 AM

Women who lie about rape in order to defame males, must have their tongues sliced off.

misogynist, chennai
D-9/14
Oct 24, 2014
02:38 AM

13 D Ramesh

"... But under the Indian Penal Code adultery is a criminal offence only for the male and not for the female...."

True. But such 'minor', details never stop antimales from spewing venom.

misogynist, chennai
D-8/5
Oct 24, 2014
02:10 AM

Akash:  Granted theoritically that would be best, but practically, India would have to spend enormous resources to bring POK at par with J & K and as far as resource contribution from POK it is negligible. 

P.B. Joshipura, Suffolk, Virginia
D-7/62
Oct 24, 2014
01:58 AM


DLN,

>>>> "World's worst killers, Hitler, Stalin and Mao, did not need any Islamic scriptures to kill millions."

>> "The above named were dictators. They did whatever they did after they became powerful, not before."

The argument is both irrelevant and stupid. Killers do not require any scriptures. Even if a killer is holding a scripture in his hand, it means nothing.

>> "The Hindutva doctrine was articulated by Savarkar as a counter to the ideology of hate and divisiveness which underpinned the demand for Pakistan."

That is false. He created it to alienate Muslims and Christians and to create communal divisions.

Anwaar
Dallas, United States
D-6/14
Oct 24, 2014
01:33 AM


DLN,

>> "Why did this man with a ten year history of criminal behaviour get attracted to Islam?"

He was probaly attracted to ISIS more than to Islam. The same way that Bajrangi Babu and Pramod Muthalik get attracted to RSS/VHP parivar.

Anwaar, Dallas
D-5/61
Oct 24, 2014
01:26 AM


Akash Verma,

>> "5 people were arrested and they were muslims"

Thanks for the information. There are as many Muslim hooligans as there are Hindu hooligans, percentage wise. Communalist morons like yourself are in a state of denial! But was he killed because he tried to stop a fight or because he was a Hindu?

Anwaar
Dallas, United States
D-4/3
Oct 24, 2014
01:20 AM


Moron Bibi,

Rape is not a Hindu/Muslim issue. Proportion of rapists among the two communities is about the same. You should get help for your sick hate-obsession.

Anwaar, Dallas
D-3/2
Oct 24, 2014
01:05 AM

Janwaars are converting UP to Krapistan. They behave like this everywhere they metastasize - whether it is Krapistan, Iraq, England or Sweden.

Janwaar Bibi, BibiSarai
D-2/1
Oct 24, 2014
12:25 AM

time to change SP of muzzafarnagar. He is doing bidding of SP govt only

anshul, indore
D-1/60
Oct 24, 2014
12:20 AM

>> He was not killed because he was a Hindu.

He was killed because he tried to stop some goondas (who happened to be Muslims) from beating up a woman.

And the sicko response:

Media outlets decide to black out the news. If they do publish it, they shall hide it somewhere inside.

Rest of the sickos dig their holes deeper, and stay in them. Those who shout loudest about goondagardi of SS, take Maun Vrat when one of it's leaders is killed while trying to prevent such goondagardi.

Whats InAName
San Francisco, United States
Order by Previous days letters
 
 


ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SUBSCRIBE | ADVERTISING RATES | COPYRIGHT & DISCLAIMER | COMMENTS POLICY

OUTLOOK TOPICS:    a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z  0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   
Or just type in a few initial letters of a topic: