Amit Baruah’s head and heart are in the right place (Peace Won’t Break Out). However, even in the most brutal and tragic acts, there are some red lines. In both the young woman and the soldier’s case, those lines were crossed in a manner that outraged the nation. The popular reaction was not created in a TV studio.
What is need of the hour is simply this-we need to decide whether we want a stable and prosperous Pak or whether we want a bankrupt and a weak Pakistan. We have not yet decided this.
There are certain neighbors, if when powerful will be of great help to us. And there are other neighbors who if strong, will create constant problems for us. Pakistan belongs to the latter group. Once we get this fact, everything else falls in place.
Right now, we simply have no clue what kind of a Pakistan we want. And all the cluelessness we see from UPA result from this.
If we do not have the spine to stand up to Pak, how in the world are we going to stand up to CHina?
Reasonable people understand that soldiers occasionally are killed on either side. Descreating a dead human being indeed compounds the offence of killing him. Think about it - a fellow human being has just been shot and life snuffed out of him, his body is still warm and the thing to be done is to cut off his head or limbs. What devilish thinking! What satanic act!
"Nor does the simple killing of an Indian soldier by Pakistani fire along the Line of Control (LoC). But, if he’s been decapitated, well, that’s quite another story." so for the effing moron baruah, being killed by a bullet shot from 100m away is the same as being tortured and decapitated.
and clearly he hasn't considered that fact that every provocation - for want of a better word -- comes from pakistan while india doesn't even bomb terrorist camps in pakistan.
The columnist's head and heart are in the right place. However, even in the most brutal and tragic acts against human beings, there are some red lines. In both the young woman and the soldier's case, those lines were crossed in a manner that outraged the nation. The popular reaction was not created in a TV studio.
Another funny article ...don't know to laugh or cry..at the fake peace mongers!
DEAR SIR, THERE WILL BE NO GENIUNE PEACE BETWEEN INDIA AND PAKISTAN FOR THE NEXT TWO HUNDRED YEARS OR TILL PAKISTAN COLLAPSES WHICHEVER IS EARLIER. PAKISTANI MUSLIMS ARE BASICALLY SAVAGES AND DO NOT DESERVE CIVILISED TREATMENT. THEY HATE INDIA AND ACCORDING TO PEW GLOBAL STUDIES MORE THAN TWO THIRDS OF THEM FEEL THAT HINDUS / INDIANS ARE THE MAIN EXISTENTIAL THREAT TO THEIR EXISTENCE. WE SHOULD RESPOND TO THE HATE OF THESE SAVAGES IN AN APPROPRIATE MANNER. INDIA SHOULD DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO HASTEN THE BREAK UP OF PAKISTAN LIKE INDIRA GANDHI DID IN 1971. FURTHER, INDIA SHOULD USE COVERT ACTIVITIES TO WAGE WAR ON PAKISTAN GIVING THEM TEN TIMES MORE TERROR THAN WHAT THEY DISH OUT TO US. THIS IS THE UTTER TRUTH ABOUT PAKISTAN THANK YOU
If the soldier is eating grass, one neednt expect sane
behaviour from him.' Waging peace is difficult one' is the
best end punch. A balanced opinion.
We at Outlookindia.com welcome feedback and your comments, including scathing criticism
1. Scathing, passionate, even angry critiques are welcome, but please do not indulge in abuse and invective. Our Primary concern is to keep the debate civil. We urge our users to try and express their disagreements without being disagreeable. Personal attacks are not welcome. No ad hominem please.
2. Please do not post the same message again and again in the same or different threads
3. Please keep your responses confined to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all but for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site
4. Our endeavour is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. But if any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser. Please also note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not descend to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you do think that an article elsewhere has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered fair-use and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section are those of the author concerned and not that of all of outlookindia.com or all its authors.
8. Please also note that you are solely responsible for the comments posted by you on the site. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of their existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of their contents. In short, the onus of responsibility for the comments remains solely with the authors thereof. Outlookindia.com or any of its group publications, may, however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever. It is therefore in your own interest to be careful before posting.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays these comments. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
a. Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
b. The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
c. outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
d. Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially be used against you
10. We have an online thread for our comments policy:
You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT