Post a Comment
Share your thoughts
You are not logged in, please log in or register
Must See
Daily Mail
Digression
Order by
1/D-5
Jul 26, 2010
12:52 AM
"Shah will attempt to exploit contradictions in the public mind, for there will be those who support “killer-solutions”, but his case is badly tarred by the accusation that he took money from businessmen in the larger transactions surrounding this case." M.J.Akbar.

But obtaining a guilty verdict from a Gujarat court may not be as easy as it sounds.
Anwaar
Dallas, United States
2/D-7
Jul 26, 2010
12:58 AM
"When the Supreme Court orders and monitors an investigation into what appears to be a case of cold-blooded murder, I think it is incumbent on everybody – and on politicians, in particular – to respect India’s premier court, its motives, and the investigation it has ordered. When a political party reacts with this kind of ill-tempered tantrum only because one of its own members has been accused by the investigators then it does no favours to the accused minister.- Vir Sanghvi.

Since Gujarat is BJP's showcase state, they realize the implications of the developing story in Ahmedabad, and are dealing with it with their usual tactic, namely smear Congress!
Anwaar
Dallas, United States
3/D-8
Jul 26, 2010
01:07 AM
"Who is responsible for the death of Rajkumar Cherukuri Azad, the 55-year-old Naxalite leader who was shot dead by the Andhra police in Adilabad district? Was this an ‘encounter’ or a ‘fake encounter’? Do the police have evidence of a Naxal attack, to which they were responding? Or did they track Azad on orders from Delhi or Hyderabad, and then murder him?"

These are very pertinent questions. The country needs to be jolted out of its delusion that fake encounters are okay. Putting up with police criminality is to pave the path for a police state, in which none of us would be safe.
Anwaar
Dallas, United States
4/D-11
Jul 26, 2010
02:07 AM
>> Since Gujarat is BJP's showcase state

And for good reason. BJP can be justifiably proud of their achievements there, even if others hate them for it.

>> they realize the implications of the developing story in Ahmedabad

The implications shall not be restricted to Ahmedabad or Gujarat. The repercussions are likely to be felt across the country, and not necessarily in a good way.

To be fair, Vir has been writing against encounter killings long before people heard about Sohrabuddin, or before opposing Shah became fashionable. His stand is consistent, and can be praised. It's different than other Johnny come latelys, who don't care about either Sohrabuddin, or encounter killings or rule of law.
Whats InAName
San Francisco, United States
5/D-62
Jul 26, 2010
01:22 PM
The real cause of these encounter killing and corruption is the Justice system itself. It takes decades to get a decision from court, evidence is still based on hearsay that real forensics..

Supreme court and legal system would do a good if it took a critical look at itself.. If it can deliver results in a few years as opposed to few decades, most of the corruption and extra constitutional killing would go away.
Deepak
USA, India
6/D-11
Jul 28, 2010
03:02 AM
I am against all extra-judicial killings. But it is rich of 'Anwaar' to be shedding crocodile tears. He was all for targeted killings in covert operations in Pakistan just the other day.
Ajit Tendulkar
Seattle, United States
7/D-20
Jul 28, 2010
07:47 AM
Ajit,

>> He was all for targeted killings in covert operations in Pakistan just the other day.

This is moronic. Targetting terrorist leaders on Pakistani soil is okay by me. Killing Indian citizens WHILE THEY ARE IN POLICE CUSTODY IN INDIA is not okay. Why is this so difficult for you?
Anwaar
Dallas, United States
8/D-29
Jul 28, 2010
11:35 AM
"who don't care about either Sohrabuddin, or encounter killings or rule of law."

WHATS INANAME

Why should we lament the Gun Runners Shorabudins or Headely cum LeT certified Unit madam Bosse like Isharats whose aim is to kill us and destroy India ? Maybe actions were not per the Rule but same thing w approved in Punjab too .

Enemy is an enemy and should be killed by whatever means .This is the rule World over .This is what is happening in Afghanistan,happened in the past and it will happen on wards.

Have a Vote majority of the Indians support it.
a k ghai
mumbai, India
9/D-35
Jul 28, 2010
12:08 PM
"When the police did finally arrive after well planned tardiness, who could they kill but those who were rioting? "

A) Planned tardiness resulted in killings of 350 Hindu rioters after they killed 770 innocent Muslims facts establish .So how many bastards killing Sikhs during 1984 the Police Under the control of Congress sarkar killed in Delhi or amny where elese in India.

a) If Modi Govt and Gujarat Police's

Tardiness and Hand in glove with the rioters :

Resulted in 350 killings of the Rioters.

Then

b) How many Rioters killed by the Delhi Police in 1984 ?

c) THEN : How many Rioters killed under Lalu's

15 yrs Rule in Bihar where 25000 Muslims were killed ?

d )How many in Muliana,Meerut, MORADABAD ,Bengal,Assam ,

Gujarat pre Modi Rule add on

How many Hindu Rioters were killed by

the Police in Secu Ruled States ??

B) Modi's tardiness is Palnned then

what type of Tardiness for Secu rulers ?

Any body any answere ??

[I am Indian(neither Sanghi or a Bajarngi) }

AND WHAT TYPE OF RULE OF LAW ARE THE ABOVE ?
a k ghai
mumbai, India
10/D-38
Jul 28, 2010
12:26 PM
Ghai,

>> killings of 350 Hindu rioters after they killed 770 innocent Muslims.

I don't know anyone who believes those figures. Even after those figures were released hundreds of bodies were found in mass graves, many were cremated without any notification of relatives and many are still unaccounted for.

I don't know how what happened in other states justifies the Gujarat massacre in which the state government is seen by many as being complicit. The Sikhs are still trying to get justice for the Delhi massacre, and others should do the same. But juxtaposing one riot against another makes no sense.
Anwaar
Dallas, United States
11/D-39
Jul 28, 2010
12:36 PM
I am not supporter of BJP or anti Congress but JUST asking simple questions under the same RULE OF LAW.

Can I ?

Gujarat 7 encounters

1200 Plus encounters in rest of the

Secular Ruled States add
thousands of Encounters in Punjab during Congress Rule

So what happened in those about THE RULE OF LAW ??

Who will apply an When Rule of Law for 1984 ?

Sajjan Kumar accused of hundreds of innocent Sikhs massacre has been again given Clean Chit and Shah is in jail accussed of killing one Gun Runner and RDX+AK 56s+ GERNADEs supplier to Terrorists ?

HOW MANY TYPES OF RULES OF LAW WE HAVE ?
a k ghai
mumbai, India
12/D-40
Jul 28, 2010
12:38 PM
Even the chairman of NHRC, the former CJ of India, is not sure what position to take on this issue.

http://www.indianexp...-unavoidable/652721/

"National Human Rights Commission Chairperson Justice K G Balakrishnan (retd) on Tuesday said that with law and order problems rising, police were resorting to encounters to take control of situation. He also said in some cases, encounters were unavoidable."

If this seems like endorsing fake encounters, he unconvincingly adds up

But encounters are unavoidable sometimes. Having said that, I say we need checks and balances to ensure that fake encounters don’t take place. The law and order problem is increasing. Criminals are taking law into their own hands, attacking even the police. Police have to take control of the situation,” Balakrishnan, who was Chief Justice of India till a few months ago, said.

If some wise souls understood the position of the chairman of NHRC on this issue, maybe they can illuminate the rest of us.
Whats InAName
San Francisco, United States
13/D-42
Jul 28, 2010
12:54 PM
Let's Legalise Fake Encounters.

Robin David.

"It is surprising to see the number of people who believe deep down that there is nothing wrong in fake encounters by police officials if they eliminate a few dreaded criminals. Going by that logic, they feel former Gujarat minister Amit Shah is being victimised by the CBI in the Sohrabuddin case. They have even bought the BJP line that investigating agency is a puppet in the hands of the Congress, conveniently forgetting that the investigation has been ordered by the Supreme Court. Sohrabuddin, after all, was at least a criminal, if not a terrorist, right?" - The Times of India.

http://blogs.timesof...lise-fake-encounters
Anwaar
Dallas, United States
14/D-44
Jul 28, 2010
01:19 PM
' don't know anyone who believes those figures. Even after those figures were released hundreds of bodies were found in mass graves, many were cremated without any notification of relatives and many are still unaccounted for. '

Some revision took place before a superior Court but perhaps below 1100 total .If I come across those figures will quote.

Many don't even believe that LeT killers Kasab and Ismail killed Karkare ,Amte and Salaskar .Many thesis ,books are being written. Others believe that 26/11 was RAW job. Many don't believe Sadvi is involved others believe IM Boys innocents.

Waham ka Ilaz Lukeman Haim kepas bhi nahi tha !
a k ghai
mumbai, India
15/D-45
Jul 28, 2010
01:24 PM
Ghai,

>> Many don't even believe that LeT killers Kasab and Ismail killed Karkare ,Amte and Salaskar.

Many have minds like yours!
Anwaar
Dallas, United States
16/D-47
Jul 28, 2010
01:40 PM
'Many have minds like yours! "

faruki

All normal human beings have similar minds !
a k ghai
mumbai, India
17/D-48
Jul 28, 2010
02:19 PM
"the Sikhs are still trying to get justice for the Delhi massacre, and others should do the same."

Faruki

Sikhs are trying for the justice for the deaths of thousands since 1984 ie for the last 26 yrs.They should continue to try till the alive accused go up and report to HKL Bhagat as how THE RULE OF LAW helped them to escape punishment .

Also the living victims' RELATIVES will go up and report to their killed relatives that they could could never get the justice under THE RULE OF LAW .

However Gun Runners,terror Sahid King/Queen pins from India will definitely get the satisfactory news a show THE RULE OF LAW FAVORED them.

MERA BHARAT MAHAN !
a k ghai
mumbai, India
18/D-63
Jul 28, 2010
06:31 PM
"o how many bastards killing Sikhs during 1984 the Police Under the control of Congress sarkar killed in Delhi or amny where elese in India." Ghai

The Rule of Law is not to protect the Sikhs.It is for the protection of killers of the Sikhs .Otherwise how could so many Guju Policemen are in Jail for the sake of one criminal Shrabudin and for 1984 CBI says there is no evidence against the killers' Guru Sajjan Kumar ?
ram prasn haryanvi
Ambala Cantt, India
19/D-64
Jul 28, 2010
06:35 PM
"Why do you have sympathy for Shorabuddin and Prajapati who had been terrorists, exhortionists for over 15 years and were booked in cases in Rajasthan, MP, Maharastra and Gujrat ?

Do people have any sympathy for people killed by Shohrabuddin ? "

That is The Rule of Law -Protect the Jihadi perpetrators not the victims .
ram prasn haryanvi
Ambala Cantt, India
20/D-66
Jul 28, 2010
06:56 PM
"Allow the police to murder who they like and tomorrow it will be you or me at the end of a police bullet."

Are you so sure that if we allow people like Sarbudins ,Isharats roam free and to distribute Hundreds of AK-56 Assault Rifles , hundres of Hand Gernades and Tons of RDX then we will be safe ? If the Police will not liquidate the Pakistani Agents and killers then who will liquidate them ?

Better hand over the Country to Talibanies.At least we will live once we pay the Jajia to them.
ram prasn haryanvi
Ambala Cantt, India
21/D-69
Jul 28, 2010
07:15 PM
Ghai,

>> However Gun Runners,terror Sahid King/Queen pins from India will definitely get the satisfactory news a show THE RULE OF LAW FAVORED them.

Bypassing the law and letting policemen be judges and executioners is a dangerous proposition. Rule of law is essential for democracy to thrive. If we are not serious about these matters we shall soon be like Pakistan.
Anwaar
Dallas, United States
22/D-86
Jul 28, 2010
10:08 PM
@ ANWAAR:

You need to understand that the "rule of law" does not work in this part of the world. Even and open-and-shut case like Ajmal Kasab's would hang on for years. Known criminals like Arun Gawli and Abu Salem not only move around in the open, but even fight elections. Of all the fake/real encounters, there have been only a marginal few with mistakes being made or personal scores being settled. That is a reasonable price to pay for the systemic lapses we are living with.
The Irreverent Indian
Online, India
23/D-89
Jul 28, 2010
10:22 PM
Didn't know that over 1700 cases of encounter killings are pending before courts and HRC.

"Let me ask a counter question. There have been more than 5,000 encounters in this country. Over 1,700 encounter-related complaints are pending in various courts and before the Human Rights Commission."

http://news.rediff.c...efends-amit-shah.htm

But the seculars shall keep pretending that only this case is being tried by Congress and media, because only in this case, did a relative of the victim filed a plea.

The victims of other 1700 odd instances are not important for the succus.
Whats InAName
San Francisco, United States
24/D-6
Jul 29, 2010
03:48 AM
Irreverent,

>> "rule of law" does not work in this part of the world.

The wheels of justice are slow. Short cuts are dangerous.

>> Of all the fake/real encounters, there have been only a marginal few with mistakes.

That mistake could be you or I. More likely I than you!
Anwaar
Dallas, United States
25/D-21
Jul 29, 2010
11:23 AM
'The victims of other 1700 odd instances are not important for the succus."
WHATS INANAME

Because those encounters were done in the Secular Ruled States.So how they will discuss those cases.

They can kill brutally 20000 Sikhs and call others killers with Blood painted Hands.And then they have the gall to say i the case of sajjan Kumar

'Proof nahi milta .Case kamjor hein. '
a k ghai
mumbai, India
26/D-28
Jul 29, 2010
12:21 PM
Ghai,

>> Because those encounters were done in the Secular Ruled States.

Even when your silly points have been answered six times, you still keep coming repeating them again and again! Have you seen a doctor lately?
Anwaar
Dallas, United States
27/D-32
Jul 29, 2010
12:54 PM
>> Even when your silly points have been answered six times

What exactly is the answer for 1700 cases pending before courts and human rights commission?

Last time you had made a silly argument, about cases being discussed since they came up before the court, I had pointed out some other similar instances. You had wisely kept mum at that time. This time you probably felt that adequate time has passed, and you can make a meaningless argument again.
Whats InAName
San Francisco, United States
28/D-34
Jul 29, 2010
12:58 PM
"Because those encounters were done in the Secular Ruled States. " Ghai

"Even when your silly points have been answered six times, you still keep coming repeating them again and again!"

You could not answer any point at all .

' Have you seen a doctor lately? "

Not yet but thinking to consult Dr Pravin Bhai Jain in Ahemedabad .
a k ghai
mumbai, India
29/D-82
Jul 29, 2010
11:44 PM
>>This is moronic. Targetting terrorist leaders on >>Pakistani soil is okay by me. Killing Indian citizens >>WHILE THEY ARE IN POLICE CUSTODY IN INDIA is not okay.

Yes, it is moronic. Of you.

The police make the same claim in case of "fake encounters" - they call those killed as "terrorists".

By 'Anwaar's' "logic" USA Drone attacks must be ok, as that is what the USA claims it is doing: targeting terrorists.

>>Why is this so difficult for you?

It is difficult for you. Your intellectual hypocrisy and hate do not let you see the inconsistency in what may laughably be called your argument.
Ajit Tendulkar
Seattle, United States
30/D-3
Jul 30, 2010
12:50 AM
Ajit,

"Targetting terrorist leaders on Pakistani soil is okay by me."

I stand by my statement above, and here is why I thought your comment was moronic.

We know that Hafiz Mohammad Sayeed is the virtual head of LeT and has to be held responsible for the Mumbai attack. Pakistan government refuses even to arrest him or charge him with any crime. If we do send a clandestine guerrilla unit to Lahore to raid the LeT camp and take Hafiz Mohammad Sayeed out, I would be all for such an action. It would be impossible for our guerrilla unit to arrest him and bring him to India. They have to beat a hasty retreat. This action is quite different from killing someone who is in our custody in an Indian jail.

You may not be able to agree because you are crazed by your Anwaar obsession which has made you a pathetic figure.
Anwaar
Dallas, United States
31/D-4
Jul 30, 2010
12:56 AM
There goes the pathetic 'ANwaar' again. He will cry for Drones. In the case of Hafiz Saeed, he of course assumes that any such clandestine Indian commando unit will not cause any "collateral damage" of civilians.

What a pathetic hypocrite.
Ajit Tendulkar
Seattle, United States
32/D-14
Apr 09, 2011
01:12 AM

Ahmedabad: The noose is further tightening around former Minister of State for Home Amit Shah after the Supreme Court on Friday transferred the further investigation into Tulsi Prajapati case to the Central Bureau of Investigation(CBI).

Sources in the police department say that he is likely to be arrested in this case after CBI begins the probe. He was earlier arrested in Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case and murder of his wife Kausar Bi.  (TCN)

 

Anwaar
Dallas, United States
Order by
Order by
Order by
PhotosNewsBlogsLatest
Short Takes
recent tags
Brazil
Facebook
Gaza
Hamas
Israel
Israel-Palestine
Laughter
Palestine
Peru
Politics
Sex
Social Networking Sites
Tribals
Turkey
Twitter
Women
 
bloggers
A. Sanzgiri
Boria Majumdar
Buzz
Dr Mohammad Taqi
Freya Dasgupta
G. Rajaraman
K.V. Bapa Rao
Maheshwer Peri
Namrata Joshi
News Ed
Omar Ali
Our Readers Write Back
Poster
Prarthna Gahilote
Shefalee Vasudev
Sundeep Dougal
Sunil Menon
ARCHIVES
Go
SMTWTFS
12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31
recent comments
Cricket World Cup 2011


ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SUBSCRIBE | ADVERTISING RATES | COPYRIGHT & DISCLAIMER | COMMENTS POLICY

OUTLOOK TOPICS:    a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z  0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   
Or just type in a few initial letters of a topic: