Meerut: Bystanders And A Braveheart
Meerut. A man is riding a motorcycle. A young woman is riding pillion. The motorcycle brushes against a car. Five young men get out of the car and brutally attack the motorcycle rider. Onlookers watch. No one comes to the man's rescue. Finally, the young woman joins in and helps beat up the assailants.
The photos were apparently taken by a local journalist according to whom there was a policeman present at the scene too but instead of stopping the young men, he merely turned away.
Apparently, others in the crowd took photos too. But no one stepped in to stop the young men who were brutally beating the motorcyclist.
The photos were broadcast and published in local media and eventually found their way to social media and went viral, forcing the police to act.
In some first accounts, the man driving the motorcycle was described as the young woman's father.
Uttar Pradesh police has reportedly arrested one student and registered a case under IPC section 354,323, 504.
The young woman finally tells her version on TV. Says the young men were recklessly driving the car when the car brushed against the motorcycle and it fell down.
The young woman was injured but when she noticed that her husband was being brutally beaten and no one was interceding to protect him, she took matters into her own hands and went and helped him by beating up the men.
Kudos 2 Meerut Brave Girl who fought with the Goons, who were Beating her Dad, while Public & Cop Turning Back pic.twitter.com/pGw6HvBblC— JAY (@YesIamSaffron) August 21, 2014
Girl fought off goons alone in Meerut to protect her husband as scores of people just stood, watched, even recorded on their phones. #shame— Farhan Akhtar (@FarOutAkhtar) August 21, 2014
This level of apathy is frightening. Gives goons and molestors so much courage. #shame— Farhan Akhtar (@FarOutAkhtar) August 21, 2014
But good on her for single handedly fighting them off. Well done lady..— Farhan Akhtar (@FarOutAkhtar) August 21, 2014
- Agli Baar, Medal Beshumaar: PM Announces Task Force to Prepare India for Olympics
- France Top Court Suspends Burkini Ban
- Pak Regrets India's Rejection of 'Discuss Kashmir' Proposal
- Scorpene Data Leak Not a Big Worry: Parrikar
- Can't Order Establishment of 'Ram Rajya' in the Country: SC
- Haji Ali Dargah Should Allow Women, Says Bombay HC
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Whistleblower to Handover Scorpene Data Disk to Aus Govt: Newspaper
- Kanhaiya, Two Others Granted Regular Bail in Sedition Case
- Odisha Govt Admits Lapses, Man Says No Heed Paid by Hospital
- Are Decisions Taken by Cabinet Being Implemented, PM Seeks to Know
- AAP Removes Chhotepur as Punjab Convenor
- Cong Raking Up Needless Controversies for Political Gains: Naidu
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED