Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
Good morning. A special mention goes out to the Samajwadi Party today for giving everyone a soap opera on Monday afternoon instead of waiting until primetime on Colors, or Times Now.
The other major story was how Cyrus Mistry was booted out of the Tata group. It seems now that the Bombay high court will sort this out after Mistry has knocked at their door.
Moving on, the Prime Minister has said that people celebrated ‘chota diwali’ when the much-talked-about surgical strikes. And Maharashtra CM Devendra is quite keen on the festival too. He told the press that he had ‘brokered’ the truce between the MNS and ADHM’s producers keeping Diwali in mind. Oh oh, he’s also gone around town saying that if there can be talks with the Hurriyat and the Naxals, why not the MNS?
As we speak of the Maoists, 24 of the faction reportedly died in an encounter with the ‘Greyhounds’on Monday. Now, activists say that there wasn’t an exchange of fire but that the police shot at them while they were in a meeting. Over in Bastar, sections of the police held protests and burnt the effigies of activists and politicians.
Over in Jharkhand, the state government has issued a showcause notice to an IAS officer after she questioned the alleged mention of religious conversions by CM Raghubar Das at a government function, on Facebook.
And in Punjab Deputy chief minister Sukhbir Badal called Arvind Kejriwal the “biggest stupid” for “promising to cut VAT” when it is going to be replaced by GST.
And now over to the Arctic, where Russian researchers have found remnants of a secret Nazi ice-base which was ordered by the Fuhrer himself, 100 km away from the North Pole.
Finally, let alone acknowledge it, Bob Dylan may not even see the $1 million prize money from the Swedish academy. He has to deliver a lecture on literature or give a concert, in his case. A member of the Swedish Academy has called his silence ‘rude and arrogant’. Did you not know what you were getting into?
- SC Seeks EC's Response
- Indian Woman, Son Found Murdered in US, Probe Launched
- Should Sidhu Be Allowed to Multitask?
- Aadhaar Not Needed For Mid-Day Meals
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Govt Staff in Bareilly Barred From Wearing Jeans, T-Shirts at Work
- Release Funds to State Bodies for Holding Matches: SC Tells BCCI
- 1984 Riots: SC Asks Govt to Give Files of 199 'Closed' Cases
- Counter-Terrorist Operations Claimed 92 Soldiers in J&K Since 2015: Govt
- PM Modi Calls Up Theresa May Over Terror Attack
- Dr Randeep Guleria Appointed New Director of AIIMS-Delhi