In the history of earth which is close to five billion years, in which the lineage of humans spans just five million years, what you claim as your history basically begins with the history of caste and the history of inequality in this part of the world, and this is but a few thousand years, in effect a speck in the gyre of time, and your version of the history of this speck is just one speck among many billion such, a speck that will be blown away by a change in the direction of the breeze, a speck that is not even aware of the gyre it is part of, the gyre that has no beginning nor end, a gyre that knows that all its futures are but a repetition of all its pasts, a repetition of tragedies and farces, and you are a sad speck that does not know any of this, a speck unaware of its own inconsequentiality, a speck that thinks it is the world, a speck that thinks the world of itself, a speck that has no sense of the larger universe it is part of, for your history begins with the idea of a temple for a fabled god at a certain place, a god who waged wars on the autochthonous people of this land, helped deface a woman, beheaded a man who sought knowledge, a god who defeated a valiant king by hiding behind a tree, who scorched his beloved born of the earth in the fire of doubt,
Copyright: Manabu Ikeda | History's Rise and Fall, 2006, pen, acrylic ink on paper, mounted on board 200×200cm
They say you won a majority with a huge number of votes, they use words like magic with a total lack of imagination that might well make you believe you can write poetry, but let me tell you this to your face, you do not have the vote of any of the rivers that you may well interlink, not even the Narmada and the Ganga, you do not have the vote of the forests, the oaks, deodhars and pines of Kumaon, you do not have the vote of the kurinji flowers that once every twelve summers, for millions of years, have turned a section of the Western Ghats gregariously blue, giving the Nilgiri
Copyright: Manabu Ikeda. Buddha, 2000, pen, acrylic ink on paper, mounted on board 130.3×162.1cm
So please run your minority government for five years, show us your baddest face, and time which will outlive all time will say it has seen worse; launch a pincer attack, sink one set of claws into Kashmir and wage a low-intensity war with the Pakis for four years, and at the same time, sink another set of claws into Dandakaranya and flush out the Adivasis like rats, the corporates who sponsored you will fund these wars, create crisis after crisis for the Muslims, Dalits, the poor, the Adivasis, criminalise all love, fight internal and external enemies, and in the fifth year launch a few full-scale wars, take us to the edge of a nuclear disaster and starvation, watch the southern tip of the subcontinent melt as a tsunami or a quake does to Koodankulam what it did to Fukushima, then ride back to power sheerly on the strength of the number of people you have caused to disappear, and stretch yourself for another three years, then maybe press the emergency button, by when, like any speck of dirt you will be sucked into the widening gyre that keeps turning and turning.
How long did you spend to create this piece of verbal diarrhea, Anand?
I read 'savitribais' as 'savita bhabhi' and found out the error only when I read it again. But, still the mind did not miss. The world according to Anand can create nothing more than Savita Bhabhis. Perhaps a world that Anand would like to inhabit, not us.
So, are we going to see more of this crap for the next five years, outlook? We are ready to put up with Anand's stinkers for next fifty years!
What hatred? What Vitriol? An outpouring of agony? An outpouring of sheer angst? So, Mr.Anand, you are calling the people of India, fools? Are you? Go and peddle your bullshit elsewhere. If you are so full of hatred, you dont deserve a TINY OR THE TINIEST MICRODOT of the history and the never stopping machine called Time.
Why Outlook? Why this Kolaveri? Inviting such absolute trash from nonsensical writers.
Anand should go back to writing bad poetry and soft porn like he used to do in Nizam College, Hyderabad, all those years ago.
in which language this is written? do anyone you know?
We at Outlookindia.com welcome feedback and your comments, including scathing criticism
1. Scathing, passionate, even angry critiques are welcome, but please do not indulge in abuse and invective. Our Primary concern is to keep the debate civil. We urge our users to try and express their disagreements without being disagreeable. Personal attacks are not welcome. No ad hominem please.
2. Please do not post the same message again and again in the same or different threads
3. Please keep your responses confined to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all but for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site
4. Our endeavour is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. But if any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser. Please also note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not descend to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you do think that an article elsewhere has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered fair-use and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section are those of the author concerned and not that of all of outlookindia.com or all its authors.
8. Please also note that you are solely responsible for the comments posted by you on the site. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of their existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of their contents. In short, the onus of responsibility for the comments remains solely with the authors thereof. Outlookindia.com or any of its group publications, may, however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever. It is therefore in your own interest to be careful before posting.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays these comments. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
a. Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
b. The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
c. outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
d. Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially be used against you
10. We have an online thread for our comments policy:
You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT