Ahhchooo...ahchooo...ahchooo, where is that damn hankie? This is my opportunity to go down in history as the Bill Gates of the pepper spray industry but my sneezing does not stop. The Mallus think they dominate the pepper spray market (anything to do with pepper) but we the proud sons of Seemandhra have taught not only them a lesson but also the entire Indian nation. To use the pepper spray in the Tirumala temple was okay, I did this without fuss. But my pioneering effort in letting the spray do the talking in the Lok Sabha really let the cat among the pigeons. When a man’s life is in danger, why shouldn’t he use the spray to save it? Yes, my life was really in danger. I was surrounded by pro-Telangana ruffians and Telugu Desam MP Venugopala Reddy who brandished something that looked like a knife rushed towards them to rescue me. I was without weapons except the pepper spray. Like the mythical Arjuna and Krishna who used weapons like the Brahmastra only during moments of grave danger, I remembered the pepper spray and let it go! It was either me or the pro-Telangana hooligans. And it saved the brave heroes of Seemandhra from annihilation by the Telangana hordes!
Under Congress rule, life is no longer safe for peace-loving citizens like me and we have to protect ourselves. Now don’t jump to conclusions and think I acted like a woman in using the spray. Ask anyone in Parliament and Andhra Pradesh, they will tell you spine-chilling stories about my heroism. Ha, even that Raj Babbar tried to beat me up. I had to tell him this was not a filmi fight but a real one and showed him the spray. He fled! The fellow had not heard of my exploits in my home city Vijayawada where to this day mothers threaten their naughty kids with dialogues like, “Look, be quiet or we will call Lagdapati who will ‘jagda’ with you and smash you to pulp.”
It has been one adventure after another. Don’t people remember how I was under arrest yet escaped from 200 cops who guarded me while I was supposed to be using the hospital toilet! Now, I am above all this politics business. Though a Congressman, I lashed out against Sonia and her coterie. Let them understand, I am the Andhra Tiger, I am as hot as avakkai pickle. So far I have used only pepper spray, now wait for Avakkai Shower which shall play havoc with Rajya Sabha, Rashtrapati Bhavan and everything in Delhi. I can handle the AAP clowns for the Congress but they should give me a free hand on Seemandhra. Once the green light comes, I will be ready with my avakkai shower and the Telangana jokers will just fly away.
The Mumbai-based satirist is the creator of ‘Trishanku’; E-mail your secret diarist: vgangadhar70 AT gmail.com
Not to defend the pepper-sprayer, but if a WOMAN had used the spray, it can be debated that the media would have found enough, and more, reasons to defend her.
We at Outlookindia.com welcome feedback and your comments, including scathing criticism
1. Scathing, passionate, even angry critiques are welcome, but please do not indulge in abuse and invective. Our Primary concern is to keep the debate civil. We urge our users to try and express their disagreements without being disagreeable. Personal attacks are not welcome. No ad hominem please.
2. Please do not post the same message again and again in the same or different threads
3. Please keep your responses confined to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all but for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site
4. Our endeavour is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. But if any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser. Please also note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not descend to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you do think that an article elsewhere has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered fair-use and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section are those of the author concerned and not that of all of outlookindia.com or all its authors.
8. Please also note that you are solely responsible for the comments posted by you on the site. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of their existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of their contents. In short, the onus of responsibility for the comments remains solely with the authors thereof. Outlookindia.com or any of its group publications, may, however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever. It is therefore in your own interest to be careful before posting.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays these comments. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
a. Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
b. The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
c. outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
d. Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially be used against you
10. We have an online thread for our comments policy:
You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT