Ae Bhagwan, aa baddhun soon chhale che. Chhapawalao manne malya vagar ketla badha gappa marechey (O Lord, what all is happening with these media people, they haven’t talked to me but they keep on bluffing about me). Having said that, I’ll let my diary continue in English. Once Naroo referred to Shashi Tharoor’s late wife, Sunanda Pushkar, as a “50-crore girlfriend”! What am I to my beloved Naroo? Invisible wife of 46 years?
Thanks to the media, I have lost my identity. By the way, where am I, in Vadodara, in Brahmanwada? Modi Grocery Store at Unjha? Why do my brothers Kamlesbhai and Asokbhai have to speak for me? That too rubbish most of the time? They say I am very happy that Naroo had accepted me as a wife after 46 years. Big deal! I am supposed to have given up eating rice, wearing chappals and even drinking tea as a penance for Naroo to become the prime minister. How did Kamles and Asok get such fancy ideas? Even while we were growing up, I knew my brothers lacked something in their little grey cells but not to this extent. And they conveniently packed me off to some pilgrimage centre so that the media could not get to me.
How odd it all sounds! I don’t remember most of the bakwaas of Naroo, off to serve the nation leaving me to study and become a teacher. If that’s so, didn’t Naroo think education was needed to serve the country? But I quite enjoyed teaching and had Naroo been my student, I would have taught him to respect his elders and opponents and not abuse them, to shout less and not act like a fenkudas (bluffmaster) on issues like being a second Sardar!
Yes, I am sure I would have made something out of him. His sartorial style, for instance. What kind of adadhiyo (half shirt) does he wear now, tight over his 56-inch chest. Even the tailors in Unjah and Brahmanwada do a better job. And why doesn’t the BJP appoint a voice coach for their PM candidate so that he stops screaming like a wounded rhino at rallies? Who gave the media the right to presume I became totally spiritual after my retirement, getting up at 4 am and praying till 11 am. Do you mean to say his female devotees, the Seetharamans, Iranis and Lekhis do the same? If they did, how would they get the energy and stamina to shout endlessly in the TV studios?
I am now the ‘ideal Indian wife’ because I do all this so that my ‘husband’ will be the next PM. And how could I do this to someone who abandoned me for 46 years back and finally agreed to the bitter fact just to fill up a blank space in the nomination form for the electoral office. What does it speak of any future PM or any Indian male?
The Mumbai-based satirist is the creator of ‘Trishanku’; E-mail your secret diarist: vgangadhar70 [AT] gmail [DOT] com
Jashoben is probably Modis oldest heartthrob.
Could this woman probably be Modis 'latest'?
A very good take on Modi's marriage by someone who will NEVER vote for Modi
We at Outlookindia.com welcome feedback and your comments, including scathing criticism
1. Scathing, passionate, even angry critiques are welcome, but please do not indulge in abuse and invective. Our Primary concern is to keep the debate civil. We urge our users to try and express their disagreements without being disagreeable. Personal attacks are not welcome. No ad hominem please.
2. Please do not post the same message again and again in the same or different threads
3. Please keep your responses confined to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all but for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site
4. Our endeavour is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. But if any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser. Please also note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not descend to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you do think that an article elsewhere has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered fair-use and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section are those of the author concerned and not that of all of outlookindia.com or all its authors.
8. Please also note that you are solely responsible for the comments posted by you on the site. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of their existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of their contents. In short, the onus of responsibility for the comments remains solely with the authors thereof. Outlookindia.com or any of its group publications, may, however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever. It is therefore in your own interest to be careful before posting.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays these comments. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
a. Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
b. The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
c. outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
d. Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially be used against you
10. We have an online thread for our comments policy:
You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT