He Ayodhya na Ramji, at last thodu aaram maliyu (O Lord Ramji of Ayodhya, thank you for some much-needed rest). I can relax now, watch my favourite horror movies and plan some snooping on those Gujarati chokriyon. I did not enjoy my UP stint—’Man Friday’, ‘right-hand man’, ‘hatchet man’, what all were they calling me. Also the quality of aam ras was poor and they have hardly any variety in the ‘snakes’ section. But worthwhile it is serving the cause of NaMo, with whom I shall rule India. Ave pan bahu kaam pending che (There is still much work to do). These groups of tear-jerkers, wishy-washy liberals and pseudo-secularists, they were distributing information discrediting Gujarat. The Hindu (what a name for an anti-Hindu rag) had articles attacking our achievements, saying they were hardly ‘model’. I could not understand most of their arguments which pushed us down to No. 9 in the development listings. Now we are in power, we shall discover the causes for all this jealousy and dislike over our progress and progressive thinking. Wikipedia points out that 9, a divine number, was revered in Hinduism. Further, the Chinese associated nine with the Dragon, a symbol of power and magic and at least here, we agreed with The Hindu.
Once I am rested, I’ll get back...a lot of work remains to be done. I have to rearrange and pack carefully all the ‘clean chits’ given in the many cases against me. Also, when I get back I’ll have to sing a different tune, woo the Mamatas, Jayas and Mayas so they finally come around. That is the beauty of NaMo’s politics. NaMo is quite adept in handing special status to some, a promise to liberate Sri Lanka to Jayaben who will be free to build her own statue there, the entire Teesta waters to Mamataben while huge quantities of best quality imported cement to Mayaben to build more jumbo-sized jumbo statues. These leaders will soon follow NaMo like Maryben’s little lambs!
Goodwill gestures can win over every other political opponent, even the shehzade and his mother. My speechwriters are compiling a new collection of all my choice abuses of the Gandhi family and I shall present them in deluxe editions to Soniaben with a suggestion that she should hold the next meeting of the Congress workers at the Roman Coliseum. We shall buy the same from the Italian government and present it to the family. Now we are in power, we shall have no enemies and when Prince Harry of England gets married our official representatives will be Priyankaji and Robert Vadra. That will be the ultimate reconciliation gesture.
The Mumbai-based satirist is the creator of ‘Trishanku’; E-mail your secret diarist: vgangadhar70 [AT] gmail [DOT] com
One man, next only to the challenger, who turned the hinge of fate in favour of his party.
We at Outlookindia.com welcome feedback and your comments, including scathing criticism
1. Scathing, passionate, even angry critiques are welcome, but please do not indulge in abuse and invective. Our Primary concern is to keep the debate civil. We urge our users to try and express their disagreements without being disagreeable. Personal attacks are not welcome. No ad hominem please.
2. Please do not post the same message again and again in the same or different threads
3. Please keep your responses confined to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all but for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site
4. Our endeavour is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. But if any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser. Please also note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not descend to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you do think that an article elsewhere has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered fair-use and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section are those of the author concerned and not that of all of outlookindia.com or all its authors.
8. Please also note that you are solely responsible for the comments posted by you on the site. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of their existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of their contents. In short, the onus of responsibility for the comments remains solely with the authors thereof. Outlookindia.com or any of its group publications, may, however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever. It is therefore in your own interest to be careful before posting.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays these comments. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
a. Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
b. The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
c. outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
d. Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially be used against you
10. We have an online thread for our comments policy:
You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT