Your survey (76%: YSR wouldn’t split AP) does not appear to be representative of the state at all. It gives the impression of having been limited to Hyderabad and the questions too seemed to have been addressed exclusively to people of Telangana origin. As such, it offered little insight to who gains politically.
It was important to ask the Telugu people what they think the BJP ( 'puppy' Modi ) would have done.
After all, it was its threat of divisive politics that forced the Congress hand
Eitherway HIndus are the losers with Muslims and Christians being the gainers.Andhra is getting carved out between Telangana for Muslims,Seemandhra for Christians.
The survey does not at all look representative of the State. It was limited to Hyderabad alone and it does look like mostly those of Telangana origin were interviewd. As such, that survey offers little insight into who gets to gain politically.JMO.
The common person of telengana, despite being happy with the state formation is not a fool to make his voting purely based on that. He or She is also interested in other governance issues. The 10 year CON rule at State and Center has robbed the people and led to so much inflation. All this will be factored when the voting happens. Dont think it is a walk over for CON party as our OUTLOOK wants us to believe...
Will you please share with your readers details of the sample (universe, language, method, etc.) and the questionnaire (the exact verbiage so we'll know if there's any semantic bias, language, how it was served, etc.), standard deviation, etc.? As a publication of good standing and one that professes professionalism and a journalistic ethic, this is the least you could do. Thank you!
We at Outlookindia.com welcome feedback and your comments, including scathing criticism
1. Scathing, passionate, even angry critiques are welcome, but please do not indulge in abuse and invective. Our Primary concern is to keep the debate civil. We urge our users to try and express their disagreements without being disagreeable. Personal attacks are not welcome. No ad hominem please.
2. Please do not post the same message again and again in the same or different threads
3. Please keep your responses confined to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all but for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site
4. Our endeavour is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. But if any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser. Please also note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not descend to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you do think that an article elsewhere has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered fair-use and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section are those of the author concerned and not that of all of outlookindia.com or all its authors.
8. Please also note that you are solely responsible for the comments posted by you on the site. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of their existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of their contents. In short, the onus of responsibility for the comments remains solely with the authors thereof. Outlookindia.com or any of its group publications, may, however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever. It is therefore in your own interest to be careful before posting.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays these comments. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
a. Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
b. The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
c. outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
d. Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially be used against you
10. We have an online thread for our comments policy:
You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT