Outlook-MDRA opinion poll held in Delhi, Mumbai, Calcutta, Chennai, Banga lore, Hyderabad, Lucknow and Ahmedabad on January 22-24. Sample size: 800. Error margin +/- 3.46 per cent with a confidence level of 95%. DK/CS: Do n’t Know, Can’t Say; All figures have been rounded off to one decimal place.
The irony here (‘40% back Rahul’) is that the poll was entirely about the Congress and Rahul Gandhi (see how every question was structured) but Narendra Modi still comes up trumps. It certainly does say something when a 61-year-old outscores all other competitors in the nation—in the youth icon category!
Has Rahul asked any questions in Parliament? Has he initiated any bills? Does he have administrative experience, professional or aca–demic credentials? This boy-man is a Deewar dinosaur. Mere paas maa hai aur Gandhi surname hai. That’s it.
Gandhar, New Jersey
Based on the sample size, it looks like the poll was conducted at the Congress ‘chintan shivir’ in Jaipur.
Lalit Jha, Houston
By the way, the BJP is only helping the Congress by delaying Modi’s nomination.
Your naked dislike of Modi is palpable. Whose opinion poll is this anyway? Certainly not that of the public.
Shirish Chaudhry, Delhi
Really, 40%? For a worthless Rahul? That is surely contrived data collection.
S.S. Nagaraj, Bangalore
At best, the survey proves that 40% in the metros are idiots.
K. Suresh, Bangalore
Has Outlook already got some of the Congress money earmarked for ‘news buying’?
M. Bhagawat, Patna
You should have had an ‘Outlook Spotlight’ advertorial tag on top of the page.
Rahul, a youth icon? Of which country, pray?
Kiran Voleti, Chennai
These polls were rigged, 9 per cent to Rahul, rest to Modi.
Vinod Kumar, Delhi
If Rahul Gandhi has any support, it will be in rural India where people still believe that gods are speaking on television. I will renounce my life if Outlook can prove this poll was genuine and the sample size representative.
I have been your subscriber from 1995 when you began. But this Congress-at-any-cost agenda has really been dragging the magazine downhill in the past few years.
Radhanath Varadan, Hanoi
The bar has been set so low for Rahul Gandhi, anything he does now will be seen as an achievement. But then again, since it’s so low he might just trip on it. If Modi and the BJP lose in 2014, it can conceivably be only because of a self-goal.
Gaurav Gupta, Richmond, US
Is the completely corrupt Congress and the communal and casteist religous organisation the RSS-BJP all that India can produce?
The main problem in Indian politics is the same as it was in the 1970s - finding a viable alternative to the completely corrupt Congress.
fiction being published as surveys!!
What we, the much hated kafirs should do is to make the ever blackmailing Islamic vote totally irrelevant, just as we have done in Gujarat! This is the only way we will be able to flush out the political and academia sewage that so bedevils India and set India onto the path of progress and glory!
>>As I recall most of the present lot were crooning paens of his greatness.
Crony capitalists are created and nurtured by state policy. Which policy in Gujarat has result in crony capitalism?
Based on sample size, it can be safely assumed that this poll was conducted at Congress' "Chintan Shivir" in Jaipur..
We at Outlookindia.com welcome feedback and your comments, including scathing criticism
1. Scathing, passionate, even angry critiques are welcome, but please do not indulge in abuse and invective. Our Primary concern is to keep the debate civil. We urge our users to try and express their disagreements without being disagreeable. Personal attacks are not welcome. No ad hominem please.
2. Please do not post the same message again and again in the same or different threads
3. Please keep your responses confined to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all but for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site
4. Our endeavour is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. But if any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser. Please also note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not descend to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you do think that an article elsewhere has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered fair-use and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section are those of the author concerned and not that of all of outlookindia.com or all its authors.
8. Please also note that you are solely responsible for the comments posted by you on the site. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of their existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of their contents. In short, the onus of responsibility for the comments remains solely with the authors thereof. Outlookindia.com or any of its group publications, may, however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever. It is therefore in your own interest to be careful before posting.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays these comments. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
a. Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
b. The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
c. outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
d. Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially be used against you
10. We have an online thread for our comments policy:
You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT