In response to the notification on February 10, 2014 of Penguin India’s out-of-court settlement with the Shiksha Bachao Andolan Samiti and agreement to cease publication, withdraw all copies and pulp remaining stock of The Hindus: An Alternative History by Wendy Doniger, the undersigned initiated a petition on Change.org on February 13, raising two demands:
We have received close to 3,500 signatures to the petition in 10 days, including from prominent scholars, writers, journalists and publishers around the world, as well as several Penguin authors (names available on request). We are today forwarding the petition, along with all signatures collected thus far, to the management of Penguin India and to the appropriate authorities in the Government of India. The full text of the petition will also remain up on the Change.org site to continue accumulating signatures.
Signed: (in alphabetical order) –
>> So if Modi gave a speech in which he urged the RSS and Hindus to unite, invade Pakistan, and subjugate all the Muslims under their heel, you would sit back and giggle about how his aims were really geopolitical and not religious and anti-Muslim?
If you want to compare Modi with Al Qaeda, who am I to object?
>> this is precisely what your friend Hafiz Saeed tells his animals.
I have often compared Hafiz Saeed to Modi. Hafiz Saeed is your friend, not mine.
"Moreover all their demands have been geopolitical." CAIR pracharak
So if Modi gave a speech in which he urged the RSS and Hindus to unite, invade Pakistan, and subjugate all the Muslims under their heel, you would sit back and giggle about how his aims were really geopolitical and not religious and anti-Muslim?
Yet this is precisely what your friend Hafiz Saeed tells his animals - replace RSS with LeT, Hindus with Muslims and Pakistan with India, and that is exactly what he says (happy to provide links for your continuing education). And where does this savage get the concept of "subjugation" from? Why yes - from the "holy" Koran.
You are a hypocrite and a liar.
>>>> "They use religion to legitimize themselves but all of them have a geo-political agenda."
>> They have both aims.
Rubbish! They have been denounced by all major religious groups and leaders. Thy are killing more Muslims than non-Muslims. Moreover all their demands have been geopolitical.
>> use "geo-politics" excuse to legitimise their "religious" agenda ?
What a stupid remark!
"They use religion to legitimize themselves but all of them have a geo-political agenda." CAIR pracharak
They have both aims.
LeT, JeM and IM are the progeny of Moses, Mohammad,Timur and Aurangzeb.
We at Outlookindia.com welcome feedback and your comments, including scathing criticism
1. Scathing, passionate, even angry critiques are welcome, but please do not indulge in abuse and invective. Our Primary concern is to keep the debate civil. We urge our users to try and express their disagreements without being disagreeable. Personal attacks are not welcome. No ad hominem please.
2. Please do not post the same message again and again in the same or different threads
3. Please keep your responses confined to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all but for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site
4. Our endeavour is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. But if any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser. Please also note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not descend to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you do think that an article elsewhere has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered fair-use and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section are those of the author concerned and not that of all of outlookindia.com or all its authors.
8. Please also note that you are solely responsible for the comments posted by you on the site. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of their existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of their contents. In short, the onus of responsibility for the comments remains solely with the authors thereof. Outlookindia.com or any of its group publications, may, however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever. It is therefore in your own interest to be careful before posting.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays these comments. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
a. Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
b. The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
c. outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
d. Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially be used against you
10. We have an online thread for our comments policy:
You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT