I angry. Why not? Laughed off by our chairman Leelaji Samson. How can she say 90 per cent board members “uneducated” and “embarrassment”? Ha, look at my degrees! From high universities like Dholk, Dandhuka, Rajnandgaon, Jhumritalaiya, Chota Ferozepur etc. All degrees quite fast, PhD three months, DSc in three-and-a-half weeks so on with the others. From primary school to PhD, all teachers, professors, vice-chancellors and PhD guides my jaatwalas, gaonwalas, same political party. One university delayed a degree, ha, taught them lesson with rasta roko, rail roko and bandh, they came running to my place, not one degree, but two!
Are we uneducated? Who is Leelaji Samson, sagiwali of some strongman in Bible, who very strong, she made him weak cutting off his hair, had him blinded. Ha, how can you trust aurat for big jobs? She says we are uneducated? I responsible Censor know my job, do it well. Grand Masti great film, so much about human body with or without clothes, why was not sent to Oscar entry? Why some bekaar, unknown film, some ‘Road’ sent? Grand Masti was educative, know that? Each dialogue had two, three, four meanings, that is education. Should be compulsory for language, bhasha study, in schools and colleges. I said in my report to the censor board. And I am told I am ‘uneducated’.
I try educate the masses, after Grand Masti screening, so many of my chelas wanted to see the film. But no special screening for them, why? Policewala said no, chelas broke some lights, tore up seats in theatre. So what. They were right. Grand Masti film so much about Hindu culture and great tradition like Kamasutra. Leelaji called us “insensitive”. There is too much sense inside me, how can I be insensitive? So many members upset at Leelaji, protest against her, file deformation suits, we shall deform her. One of the censor board members degree from Wails University, he simply would not stop wailing at Leelaji’s bekaar bhasha.
Another member had an MA in three subjects, her university ran out of subjects for her fourth or fifth MA, so she went for her PhD and wrote 14 books, all published by herself. Why did Leelaji say that most of us neither read or write, cannot sign our names on scripts of films we were watching. Ha! We are first in claiming DA, TA due to us. So intelligent we saw new meanings into the films we watched, Rowdy Rathore taught us rural life, Chennai Express taught us how to speak Tamil, every Salman film important for body-building. We look for new angles in films we censor. Had to walk out during screening of Lunch Box because the usual lunch boxes for Board members not distributed on time. And Leelaji calls us insensitive.
The Mumbai-based satirist is the creator of ‘Trishanku’; E-mail your secret diarist: vgangadhar70 AT gmail.com
We at Outlookindia.com welcome feedback and your comments, including scathing criticism
1. Scathing, passionate, even angry critiques are welcome, but please do not indulge in abuse and invective. Our Primary concern is to keep the debate civil. We urge our users to try and express their disagreements without being disagreeable. Personal attacks are not welcome. No ad hominem please.
2. Please do not post the same message again and again in the same or different threads
3. Please keep your responses confined to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all but for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site
4. Our endeavour is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. But if any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser. Please also note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not descend to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you do think that an article elsewhere has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered fair-use and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section are those of the author concerned and not that of all of outlookindia.com or all its authors.
8. Please also note that you are solely responsible for the comments posted by you on the site. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of their existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of their contents. In short, the onus of responsibility for the comments remains solely with the authors thereof. Outlookindia.com or any of its group publications, may, however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever. It is therefore in your own interest to be careful before posting.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays these comments. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
a. Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
b. The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
c. outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
d. Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially be used against you
10. We have an online thread for our comments policy:
You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT