Cheee, chee, log kya kya gandi baath karte hain! Sabse kharab hai yeh akhbarwale. They are godless themselves and insist on abusing even our fast-depleting existing gods. I was so angry at them for accusing one of our respected sants, Asaram Bapu, of rape, and that too of a minor girl. The unholy police of the Congress government in Rajasthan even had the gall to barge into Bapu’s ashram and pollute the holy ground, only to question him.
Yeh sab kya ho raha hai? How could anyone not believe in Asaram bhagwan’s greatness. Have we forgotten his wise words after the gangrape in Delhi last December, something to the effect that had the girl pleaded with the men not to harm her and called them bhaiyya, an incident could have been avoided. These are wise words which can apply to Indian women all over the country. Look at the Mumbai photojournalist girl who went to an abandoned textile mill compound and got raped. Why didn’t she remember Bapu’s advice and plead with the men to treat her as her sister?
The bhagwan’s ashram is holy territory. Of course, some human bones were discovered buried deep in the ashram grounds and other people have been found dead of unnatural causes. And yes, there are allegations that hundreds of acres of public land have been swallowed by the ashram. But that’s all part of his magic. He created the bones for they were ideal fertiliser for the ashram’s brinjal gardens. You see, Bapu loves his baingan bharta—and the purple fat variety grows well when provided with bone fertiliser. Now why should the media write about it and demand a police investigation. Yeh sab kaliyug mein hi ho sakta hai!
I tell you, there is a grim story behind this new rape charge. It was all engineered by the Congress and that Italian woman. The Congress knows the Hindutva parties will grab power in the 2014 polls. And now for some startling revelations for my secret diary. This will be the political scenario after the next Lok Sabha poll. Despite an overwhelming majority, the BJP will cling to the Hindutva platform and because of the controversy over Narendra Modi, he will not be considered for the PM’s post. Two new candidates will emerge, Baba Ramdev and Asaram Bapu. Since Bapu is more popular and draws larger crowds and is a major ‘attraction’ for women, he’ll be the first choice for PM. Or perhaps, to make the nation doubly holy, these two will function as joint custodians of the top post. As a follower of both sants, I am certain to become a minister with a plum portfolio.
Now I must meditate. There is too much jhoot in the world. Today only I read that Adam and Eve did not live together, and that there was no apple, no serpent. In the same way, there was no rape, no molestation but only baingan bharta in Bapu’s ashram.
The Mumbai-based satirist is the creator of ‘Trishanku’; E-mail your secret diarist: vgangadhar70 AT gmail.com
Unless feminist poiticians are BANNED from public office, they will only destroy the country.
From Indira Gandhi to Sonia Gandhi, it takes real MALES to repair the damage they cause.
Outlook should stop wasting space on this column! High time now!
We at Outlookindia.com welcome feedback and your comments, including scathing criticism
1. Scathing, passionate, even angry critiques are welcome, but please do not indulge in abuse and invective. Our Primary concern is to keep the debate civil. We urge our users to try and express their disagreements without being disagreeable. Personal attacks are not welcome. No ad hominem please.
2. Please do not post the same message again and again in the same or different threads
3. Please keep your responses confined to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all but for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site
4. Our endeavour is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. But if any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser. Please also note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not descend to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you do think that an article elsewhere has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered fair-use and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section are those of the author concerned and not that of all of outlookindia.com or all its authors.
8. Please also note that you are solely responsible for the comments posted by you on the site. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of their existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of their contents. In short, the onus of responsibility for the comments remains solely with the authors thereof. Outlookindia.com or any of its group publications, may, however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever. It is therefore in your own interest to be careful before posting.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays these comments. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
a. Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
b. The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
c. outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
d. Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially be used against you
10. We have an online thread for our comments policy:
You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT