Nine out of 10 in Calcutta ‘Undecided’ on FDI in Retail
Your survey (63 per cent in Calcutta Don’t Back Mamata Pullout), for whatever it’s worth, only shows that our politicians are far removed from ground reality.
Manohar T., Mumbai
Well, well, now we conduct opinion polls to suit the occasion. It’s like match-fixing. All we need to solve our problems is a series of opinion polls.
Dr V. Mahadevan, Chennai
UPA-I had a post-“sacrifice” Sonia and a clean prime minister. UPA-II lacks both and hence has lost all appeal.
Beena Mathur, Pune
Two days back Mamata Banerjee was interviewed by a private TV Channel. She mimicked Prime Minister.
One professor of Jadavpur University had circulated her cartoon by SMS and he was arrested. She is intolerant and arrogant.
If she were an ordinary person, we would not mind it. But having occuped a Constitutional Office, how come she mimicked the Prime Minister? And strange nobody seems to have take adverse note of it. If am afraid, if Mayawati had done it, the whole national media and intellengentsia would have jumped up as one man in shrill voice to denounce her. No wonder we are living in a Brahmainical society where brahman is holy cow; nothing done by hi/her is not viewed adversely.
We are paying price for it. This raj must end. The underprivileged must rise against this brahman raj.
The survey, for whatever it is worth, only shows that the politicians are far removed from what grounf realites. May be the top leadership are told what they wish to hear. No one in the TMC would want to tell Mamata Bannerjee what she does not want to hear.
I would like to see similar survay on MMS and UPA government in some major cities
Rishi Vyas >> Is outlook now a communist magazine. damn, it was always a communist one.
OUTLOOK always is the VOICE of SONIA CONGRESS. So outlook prefers communism when Sonia needs the CPM and Outlook worships Wal Mart when Sonia needs Retail FDI.
Well,well, Now we conduct polls to suit the occasion,just like match fixing, like the chattering channels, which even carry out sting operations. With lobbyists cozying upto Channel windbags and deciding cabinet berths/idiots who are to occupy them etc.our freedom to do things independent of but in support of the government of the day is complete. Who needs an opposition?So the people of Kolkata , who have been under the CPI(M) spell for 3 decades and more know all about BIG retail storesand their benefits. So Mamata was not in tune with her subjects but UPA is.What else is new?To solve all our problems polls conducted regularly and on varied topics would be sufficient. Next would be a poll on Coal block allocation and later still one on 2G and 3 G telephony.At this rate poverty alleviation , resrvations/promotions eyc can all be decided smoothly. Can also use TV to promote good,Satymeva Jayate !!
We at Outlookindia.com welcome feedback and your comments, including scathing criticism
1. Scathing, passionate, even angry critiques are welcome, but please do not indulge in abuse and invective. Our Primary concern is to keep the debate civil. We urge our users to try and express their disagreements without being disagreeable. Personal attacks are not welcome. No ad hominem please.
2. Please do not post the same message again and again in the same or different threads
3. Please keep your responses confined to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all but for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site
4. Our endeavour is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. But if any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser. Please also note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not descend to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you do think that an article elsewhere has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered fair-use and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section are those of the author concerned and not that of all of outlookindia.com or all its authors.
8. Please also note that you are solely responsible for the comments posted by you on the site. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of their existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of their contents. In short, the onus of responsibility for the comments remains solely with the authors thereof. Outlookindia.com or any of its group publications, may, however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever. It is therefore in your own interest to be careful before posting.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays these comments. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
a. Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
b. The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
c. outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
d. Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially be used against you
10. We have an online thread for our comments policy:
You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT