Ex-minister Maya Kodnani’s conviction in the Naroda Patiya case last week is the first instance where the Patels have not been the headline name as justice for the 2002 riots gets slowly dispensed. But Babu Bajrangi is a Patel. So were 82 of the 116 convicted in the four preceding cases. The resultant discontent amidst them is an electoral issue in the poll-bound state.
Incident February 27, 2002
Verdict March 1 , 2011 11 get death penalty for burning alive 59 kar sevaks
Incident 33 killed on March 1, 2002
Verdict November 9, 2011 30 Patels among 31 convicted, 42 acquitted
Incident 23 killed on March 1, 2002
Verdict April 9, 2012 23 Patels convicted
Incident 3 killed on March 1, 2002
Verdict May 4, 2012 9 Patels convicted
Incident 11 killed on Feb 28, 2002
Verdict July 30, 2012 20 Patels among 21 convicted; 61 acquitted
Incident 97 killed on Feb 28, 2002
Verdict August 29, 2012 One Patel among 32 convicted; 29 acquitted
Accused given Life Term Until Death
Accused given 28-year imprisonment
Accused given 31-year imprisonment
Accused given 14-year imprisonment
Apropos Arrowhead (Sep 17), landmark judgements are delivered by judges of sterling quality. Some recent judgements, including the convictions in the Naroda Patiya case, have provided justice, even though it might have been delayed a little. We must acknowledge that our courts have improved their track record phenomenally.
6/D 101. Ramki, Delhi.
Within this small space , the cancer detected by Judge Jyotsna Yagnik, can be seen to have spread from Chennai (1/D-50) to Delhi (6/D-101). It could be BLOOD CANCER due to high concentration of ' VENOM OF COMMUNAL HATRED' . Worth remembering the fate of similar victims, like Kodnani , Bajrangi and hundres of others belonging to the Paradise Kingdom.
Outlookjai >> is this not an attempt to incite casteist tendencies??? what right you have to discuss politicial parties on this basis.shameless article.
I would only say that it is too much to expect ethics, shame and morality from media houses which exist only to support the ruling CON-party at any cost.
1/D-50 (OUTLOOKJAI) " Is this not an attempt to incite casteist tendencies???" "shameless article"
If this saint-like commentator's heart is broken and bleeding at the sight of a matter- of- fact article by the OUTLOOK, how much his HEART might have bled when he witnessed the government of his HERO (Nero) mercilessly butchered over a thousand innocent defenceless citizens of Gujarat in 2002 on the basis of only and only RELIGION ?
“The Indian Court of Law proved that although the “Goddess of Law” is blindfolded, she is not Deaf and can hear the wails of the tormented.”
So even among convicted assassins and arsonists, caste is important, it seems. A list of the accused castewise might anger Patels, it is hoped.As it is the Congress in Gujarat which is clutching at straws must find a ray of hope in news like this.Simply organise the Patels, and point them against Modi.With geriatrics like Keshubhai leading the charge the job is half done.All that is left is to make the Patels feel angry at Modi for not doing anything to save them.Although a section of Patels are guilty, all the rest would feel the hurt, it is hoped.
We at Outlookindia.com welcome feedback and your comments, including scathing criticism
1. Scathing, passionate, even angry critiques are welcome, but please do not indulge in abuse and invective. Our Primary concern is to keep the debate civil. We urge our users to try and express their disagreements without being disagreeable. Personal attacks are not welcome. No ad hominem please.
2. Please do not post the same message again and again in the same or different threads
3. Please keep your responses confined to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all but for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site
4. Our endeavour is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. But if any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser. Please also note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not descend to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you do think that an article elsewhere has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered fair-use and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section are those of the author concerned and not that of all of outlookindia.com or all its authors.
8. Please also note that you are solely responsible for the comments posted by you on the site. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of their existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of their contents. In short, the onus of responsibility for the comments remains solely with the authors thereof. Outlookindia.com or any of its group publications, may, however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever. It is therefore in your own interest to be careful before posting.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays these comments. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
a. Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
b. The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
c. outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
d. Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially be used against you
10. We have an online thread for our comments policy:
You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT