invites you to take part in the search for
The Greatest Indian After Gandhi
Three-way voting process
Selected response from the readers:
Netaji Bose: The greatest mistake
Sardar Patel: Unifier
Sachin, Rajni: Really?
The Survey Headlines should be like "The Greatest Indian after Mahatma Jyotiba Phule" !! Not Gandhi !!
Dr. Ambedkar : A MAN OF MILLANIUM
1. He was a Great Economist(RBI fromatiion based upon Booked by Dr. Ambedkar" Problem of Rupees "
2. Most Scholered Student in the world (By Oxford Univerist Survey)
2. He was great social reformer (Due to His lacks of peoples life has been changed and changing)
3. He is a Father of Indian Constitution
4. RBI formation : RBI was conceptualized as per the guidelines, working style and outlook presented by Dr Ambedkar book named “The Problem of the Rupee – It’s origin and it’s solution.
5. Great Journalist (Published The People ,Prabudhha Bharat ,Bahishkruth Bharat and MukNayak news papers )
6. Great Lawyer (Did Baristary form UK)
7. Eshtablished Colleges (Milind college @ Aurngabad & Sidarth College @ mumbai )
8. Multidoctorate degree holder from USA ,UK,Germany
9. Religious Revolutionalist (Embrassed Buddhisam with Lacks of People)
10. First Indian Political leader who had resigned due to failur of Hindu Code Bill (Law Minister and establised Labour Party )
11. First Leader who is really worshiping like GOD (Thousands statues and most respected and inspiring Icon)
12. First man who ended the thousand years of the slavery of untochables
13. Dr. Ambedkar jayanti is celebrated in huge manner in India.(The largest follower's gatherred on his Birthday)
14. Dr. Ambedkar did Satagraha for WATER and Temple entry for Untouchables.
15. Dr. Ambedkar did struggle and alwayd did adocacy for Purification of Hindu Relion (Refer book :Annhilation of Cast & Riddles in Hundusam)
16. Gandhi cannot be ?? (refer a Book "What Congress and Gandhi done to Untpouchable"
15. What Gandhi achieved is only due to Congress Support and his dramatic Sant image.
If we study History comparatively then Mr. Gandhi never and never be in position of greateness .
I disagree that Gandhi was the greatest Indian. We have missed the greats like brainless Dog Vijay Singh, thief Lalu Yadav, unstoppable barking Manish Tiwari, Columbian Rahul Baba, Goonda Vadera , chamcha Kapil Sibal puppet MMS and Param Veer chakra Afzal Guru for daring to attack parliament etc.
I would agree with Shruti from Pune who said that selecting one of the nominees would be an insult to all the great people on the list. India is made up of thousands of great people who rose above self to create a lasting democracy. The ideals of the founders have not been achieved yet but let us not insult those who gave so much. On the other hand let us see how each of us can contribute to the building of this nation and eventually fulfill the dreams of all Indians.
Why is M F Husain on the list ? For drawing offensive, nude paintings of Hindu Goddesses ? If he can even be considered for this award, then the entire exercise has no credibility or meaning at all. And why is Anna Hazare not on the list ? How many people have galvanised the country like he did last year ? Amitabh, Rajnikanth and Sachin have entertained people but they have also made billions from it and other than entertainment, what is their contribution to hindustan ? Have they made any difference to anyone's life ? and the way people of india have been tolerating impotent leaders like the puppet prime minister and the greedy, criminal politicians all over the country, including the boss of all, Sonia, it certainly looks like there is no more greatness left in Mera Bharat Mahaan, making this entire exercise useless anyway.
Who is greatest Indian before Gandhi? The answer is Buddha and Ashoka. They taught us to live by dharma!!
We at Outlookindia.com welcome feedback and your comments, including scathing criticism
1. Scathing, passionate, even angry critiques are welcome, but please do not indulge in abuse and invective. Our Primary concern is to keep the debate civil. We urge our users to try and express their disagreements without being disagreeable. Personal attacks are not welcome. No ad hominem please.
2. Please do not post the same message again and again in the same or different threads
3. Please keep your responses confined to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all but for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site
4. Our endeavour is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. But if any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser. Please also note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not descend to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you do think that an article elsewhere has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered fair-use and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section are those of the author concerned and not that of all of outlookindia.com or all its authors.
8. Please also note that you are solely responsible for the comments posted by you on the site. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of their existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of their contents. In short, the onus of responsibility for the comments remains solely with the authors thereof. Outlookindia.com or any of its group publications, may, however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever. It is therefore in your own interest to be careful before posting.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays these comments. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
a. Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
b. The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
c. outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
d. Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially be used against you
10. We have an online thread for our comments policy:
You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT