The Congressional Research Service (CRS) is the public policy research arm of the United States Congress. As a legislative branch agency within the Library of Congress, CRS works exclusively and directly for Members of Congress, their Committees and staff on a confidential, nonpartisan basis. Since yesterday, there have been a flurry of reports in Indian media about the latest CRS report, on India, titled India: Domestic Issues, Strategic Dynamics,and U.S. Relations.
A persual of the report would indicate that it is based not on any field work but almost entirely on collation of open-source material, mainly news and even op-ed articles in Indian media, referenced in the footnotes. However, given the interest this report — particularly the analyses in the chapter titled India Domestic Policy Setting (page 38 to 48) has generated in some sections —we thought of making it available in full for our readers and it appears here courtesy www.fas.org
".....it is based not on any field work but almost entirely on collation of open-source material, mainly news and even op-ed articles in Indian media, referenced in the footnotes."
That is obvious. It limits both the usefulness and the news-worthiness of this report.
Why does our useless slave media og gaga over foreigners? The Sagarika Ghost, Burkhas even in their 40s can't stop drolling looking at Rahul. The Sagarika Ghost's husband openly drools on TV when he sees Priyanka Vadra.
The US consulate mostly takes the most common knowledge from India and the useless media goes like mad.
The YSR regime in AP looted 100,000 crores by selling projects to the highest bidder. Half the money went to Centre and half to his son Jagan. This was a common knowledge. B ut the scums in the media ignored it since they are all in bed with CON gandoos. Suddenly they see the wikileaks! Now every one gets it! what a joke!
>>.....it is based not on any field work but almost entirely on collation of open-source material, mainly news and even op-ed articles in Indian media, referenced in the footnotes.
This true of the entire foreigh media opinion of India, and the 'Hindu Nationalist Party' but nobody had a problem earlier.
The entire English media in India,who are products of Christian institutions are brainwashed so completely to make us feel inferior to even a baffoon like Rahul Gandhi.A shameless Manmohan Singh was seen running to parliament hall to be seen present before that Rahul Gandhi started his speech on LokPal Bill.With ever increasing number of convent shools even in rural areas,India will be having the largest number of mental slaves in the world.
We at Outlookindia.com welcome feedback and your comments, including scathing criticism
1. Scathing, passionate, even angry critiques are welcome, but please do not indulge in abuse and invective. Our Primary concern is to keep the debate civil. We urge our users to try and express their disagreements without being disagreeable. Personal attacks are not welcome. No ad hominem please.
2. Please do not post the same message again and again in the same or different threads
3. Please keep your responses confined to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all but for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site
4. Our endeavour is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. But if any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser. Please also note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not descend to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you do think that an article elsewhere has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered fair-use and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section are those of the author concerned and not that of all of outlookindia.com or all its authors.
8. Please also note that you are solely responsible for the comments posted by you on the site. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of their existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of their contents. In short, the onus of responsibility for the comments remains solely with the authors thereof. Outlookindia.com or any of its group publications, may, however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever. It is therefore in your own interest to be careful before posting.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays these comments. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
a. Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
b. The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
c. outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
d. Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially be used against you
10. We have an online thread for our comments policy:
You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT