Please allow a few seconds to elapse before the recordings begin. The file names have not been changed by us and have the date and time embedded in them -- this 20090611-155759 suggests. Please note that we have not been able to transcribe most of these conversations and will be adding more and more of the transcripts as we are able to have them typed up. So listen to the tapes for the full conversations and read the incomplete transcriptions only as pointers:
Shankar Aiyar (then with India Today Group)
Read the responses:
So the buck again stops with the people, in stead of the authorities making up the governing machinery. I can not understand, "Who likes to pay a bribe"? One needs to look inside their own conscience and find out. No one coughs up money easily once s/he get it - rightly or wrongly. They start labelling it their "own" and do not part away easily unless bound to!
Tata may be a lesser devil but a devil nontheless and could not escape this psunami of corruption. The system in India is such that one can not escape corruption if one has to survive. The begger sharks sitting in the towering AC chambers, who also control these pseudo-secular media through these vassal paparrazzis can easily get away and they are. Thanks to Barkha and Dingy Raja and so many of its ilks.
Anna Hazare is a bye-product of this dirty game played now openly by these shameless top goons in every sphere.
After reading this article I just vomitted. Only one suggestion lets have fast track court for corruption scandals.
Now that the evidence in the tapes is destroyed by Sibal - the MMS’s troubleshooter ,RT stages an interview at NDTV and times his petition in supreme court. MMS -RATAN TATA-NIIRA-BARKA nexus is the biggest of the stories of the millenium . They need to be tried in public for treason and their sculls hanged at the Patel Chowk.
It seems Ratan Tata is very lonely and Radia's company has spoiled him and made him greedy. This exposure may be from Anil Ambani group side. No body was listening to them so they used this method. Whatever it is, but india has been taken for a ride. Politicians are known to be corrupt. but sad to know that media too is a puppet in corporrate's hands. We will protect our country from pak / china and america. but who will protect us from our own corrupt country men. We hope sonia and manmohan ractify everything. End of the day , we too need to trust them and help them to clear kachra from india. Let,s get togather and re-create a clean india. Three is more burden on young shoulders. so, let's come togather and raise a voice againt corruption and lobbing.Now who so ever takes charge, instead of blind faith, we must keep our eyes/ ears open. discuss everything through blogs and open discussions. Keep faith in God and in ourselves, IF WE ALL R ONE, WE CAN SOLVE ANY CRISES. Chalo awaaj uthae.
We at Outlookindia.com welcome feedback and your comments, including scathing criticism
1. Scathing, passionate, even angry critiques are welcome, but please do not indulge in abuse and invective. Our Primary concern is to keep the debate civil. We urge our users to try and express their disagreements without being disagreeable. Personal attacks are not welcome. No ad hominem please.
2. Please do not post the same message again and again in the same or different threads
3. Please keep your responses confined to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all but for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site
4. Our endeavour is to keep these forums unmoderated and unexpurgated. But if any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser. Please also note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not descend to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you do think that an article elsewhere has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered fair-use and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section are those of the author concerned and not that of all of outlookindia.com or all its authors.
8. Please also note that you are solely responsible for the comments posted by you on the site. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of their existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of their contents. In short, the onus of responsibility for the comments remains solely with the authors thereof. Outlookindia.com or any of its group publications, may, however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever. It is therefore in your own interest to be careful before posting.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays these comments. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
a. Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
b. The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
c. outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
d. Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially be used against you
10. We have an online thread for our comments policy:
You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT